Much of the open education community runs on Creative Commons licenses, and those licenses themselves are based on copyright law. This episode is a basic primer about copyrights. I cover seven questions:
- What’s a copyright?
- Do you need to file papers to gain a copyright?
- How are copyrights different than patents?
- How are copyrights different than trademarks?
- What can you copyright?
- How does something copyrighted get in the public domain?
- What exemptions are there to copyright law?
This episode is licensed by Deepak Shenoy under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 International License